Troy does it again 3/14/12

You may recall my then-personal trainer Greg could not figure out how he could not duplicate the result I produced in January 2011 at pre-season NewLeaf check up.
Because I knew how effective it was, I decided to take on 32-Day Challenge and now I am proud to be officially recognized!
The graphic above is the trend starting October 2010. The following two documents are the results from 3/13/12.
Zones
Data
Here is from 10/28/11. My AT is up 10 beats and zone 1 and 2 are shifted upward.
Last year, after outside season started, I pretty much stopped doing Spinerval’s DVD. My Coach’s program was heart rate based. Active Recovery was zone 1. Coach’s recovery is zone 2. I am guessing Coach’s programs are better than my random choice of gears and cadence to achieve certain heart rate zone.
This is the scheme I am following according to school schedule in Super 6 Phase II and I have played around what Coach put out weekly and fill them in weekly.
Monday: yoga after school (3-class day)
Tuesday: StrEndurance maintenance before school; short interval after school (3 class-prep day)
Wednesday: short aero after school (3-class day)
Thursday: StrEndurance maintenance before school;: longer ride inside (power/endurance)
Friday: rest or technique work
Saturday: long ride
Sunday: coffee ride/Mitch's spin class/CK or rest
Phase II will end next week. I am thinking I will follow this scheme and during the week, I will stick with Coach’s program. For the weekend, it will be outside as much as possible. Now that I have so many Spinervals programs and programs are cycling specific, maybe it works better than last year. Coach made my off-season effective yet one more time. It is up to me to keep it and have a good season!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home