Conversations with Unpaid Trainer/Husband 1/10/12
Most of what my Unpaid Trainer/Husband, Tony, over the holidays heard from me was about Coach Troy, his programs and about my fellow 32-day challengers. He took the craziness of last three days of the challenge seriously and stated that the priority is for me to complete those tough workouts safely. Now he knows my new dear friends by name. We both look forward to meeting with Alex Barnett and Derek Couse possibly in person in Palm Springs next month.
I tend to go extreme in whatever I do and he can tell better about what kind of shape I am in better than the data of any kind of scientific testing. When I am not wearing a patient teacher hat or a cheerful supporter of 32-day challenger hat, I can be pretty difficult to deal with. People to whom I manage to show good sides of me would have no idea. Tony watched over my transition from MyCoach program to Coach Troy’s and cautioned about overtraining.
When he learned that Super 6 program was loaded into TrainingPeaks account, he added that I needed to be flexible about this program. As you can see from previous entries, my goals are to successfully train and share fitness activities with my Training Partner/Husband without going overboard/overtrained.
Although Super 6 program is an aero-building program, it goes well INTO the spring semester and requires different kind of cross-training which takes up fair amount of time commitment. Towards the end, I should be training on the road to prepare for the above mentioned Palm Springs ride. Without the financial incentive like from 32-day challenge (hint, hint, Coach, remember?), and all these reasons, I should not go too crazy trying to totally follow Super 6 program 100%. Rest day is a particular concern. Normally weekend is when I have most time to train and during the last season, Friday and Monday were my days off from workout. Monday and Wednesday are three-class teaching days and Tuesday ends up also being three-class preparation day. Even spring semester is normally calmer, when I have meetings with students or oral exams to administer, it is not unusual to spend ridiculous amount of time in the office for me.
So this is what I told Unpaid Coach/Husband how I should be dealing with Super 6 program. During the week, I will try to keep up with two workouts a day as much as possible, but when something needs to be given up, it will need to be skipped. Saturday hard riding is OK and when the circumstances fit, part of Monday workout can be done on Sunday. Otherwise Monday will have to be a day off. For cross-training option, I will try not to follow running pretending to be keeping up with triathletes, but keep it as low-key as possible, so it doesn’t contribute overtraining and adding stress. My Unpaid Trainer knows how effective Coach Troy’s program, but he wants me to focus on my goals utilizing Super 6 program. He will be right by me (even though sometimes not physically) to support me. I love you, Tigre!
I tend to go extreme in whatever I do and he can tell better about what kind of shape I am in better than the data of any kind of scientific testing. When I am not wearing a patient teacher hat or a cheerful supporter of 32-day challenger hat, I can be pretty difficult to deal with. People to whom I manage to show good sides of me would have no idea. Tony watched over my transition from MyCoach program to Coach Troy’s and cautioned about overtraining.
When he learned that Super 6 program was loaded into TrainingPeaks account, he added that I needed to be flexible about this program. As you can see from previous entries, my goals are to successfully train and share fitness activities with my Training Partner/Husband without going overboard/overtrained.
Although Super 6 program is an aero-building program, it goes well INTO the spring semester and requires different kind of cross-training which takes up fair amount of time commitment. Towards the end, I should be training on the road to prepare for the above mentioned Palm Springs ride. Without the financial incentive like from 32-day challenge (hint, hint, Coach, remember?), and all these reasons, I should not go too crazy trying to totally follow Super 6 program 100%. Rest day is a particular concern. Normally weekend is when I have most time to train and during the last season, Friday and Monday were my days off from workout. Monday and Wednesday are three-class teaching days and Tuesday ends up also being three-class preparation day. Even spring semester is normally calmer, when I have meetings with students or oral exams to administer, it is not unusual to spend ridiculous amount of time in the office for me.
So this is what I told Unpaid Coach/Husband how I should be dealing with Super 6 program. During the week, I will try to keep up with two workouts a day as much as possible, but when something needs to be given up, it will need to be skipped. Saturday hard riding is OK and when the circumstances fit, part of Monday workout can be done on Sunday. Otherwise Monday will have to be a day off. For cross-training option, I will try not to follow running pretending to be keeping up with triathletes, but keep it as low-key as possible, so it doesn’t contribute overtraining and adding stress. My Unpaid Trainer knows how effective Coach Troy’s program, but he wants me to focus on my goals utilizing Super 6 program. He will be right by me (even though sometimes not physically) to support me. I love you, Tigre!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home