26.0 - The Hardcore 100 1/21/12
Super 6 is calling for 26.0 - The Hardcore 100 for today. Here is my Garmin data today.
Because it was also the grand finale of 32-Day Challenge, today was my second time completing this workout in 2012. Thank you, Coach for acknowledging me as an official finisher and extending my membership by 7 more months! Fellow finishers, here is Coach’s instruction just in case you missed it yesterday.
ATTENTION: Following was added on 1/31/12 via email
Remember, the deadline has been extended to Feb. 10! Official finishers will be posted to our website in February, so stay tuned! Thanks again for taking the Challenge and congrats to everyone who finished!! - Troy
ORIGINAL posted:
ATTN: Spinervals 32 Day Challenge Finishers! If you are an official finisher of the Spinervals 32 Day Challenge, it's time to be recognized for your fantastic achievement. As a reminder, you must have adhered to the rules found here in order to be considered an official finisher, http://coachtroyjacobson.blogspot.com/2011/11/cmon-everyone.html
To receive your free 7-month Spinervals.com Membership, giving you access to special discounts and updates and to be listed on our website, you'll need to email Heather@spinervals.com the following information by January 31st. 1. Your full name, 2. Your photo, 3. In one paragraph, a little about you and how Spinervals Cycling benefits your training. You'll then be contacted with further instructions.
Remember, the deadline is Jan. 31! Official finishers will be posted to our website in early February, so stay tuned! Thanks again for taking the Challenge and congrats to everyone who finished!! - Troy
I completed this workout twice last year. Once during spring break on 3/16 and another on Good Friday on 4/22. I did outside ride for training, but never did as a public event (which was one of the original goal of the year. Grrrr). When I do 100 miles for training, I only do it at White Rock Lake.
It is difficult to schedule and complete a century ride. I only do outside 100- mile training at the Lake because it has plenty of restrooms and 7-11 on the route, it is fairly traffic-free and lots of riders are present. IN CASE anything happens, these are crucial points. It is also about 9-mile loop. If ANYTHING happens, I am only 5 mile away from my car maximum. The Hardcore 100 DVD eliminates a lot of these concerns, but you still have to plan around training plan so that you have enough physical rest for strength and mental toughness factor. For the reference, this blog entry is the Live Coverage from New Year’s Day.
Now that I have done this four times and Coach published his program online, I can reflect about the program when I am feeling like a regular citizen. To me, each disc is hard in its own way. I say so because in a way, the first disc is most difficult. I remember first time, I finished the first disc and maybe I should not continue. Luckily because my training built up really slowly for the first outside century in 2009, I learned to analyze what I need to continue riding. At that point, I decided what I needed was plain resting. I must have rested good 30 minutes or longer before going onto the second disc, while watching aftermath of horrible earthquake in Japan on TV. This is consistent with outside ride. First 10 miles is probably the longest 10 miles for me and if I am not prepared properly, the first rest stop is the biggest blessing. I remember the first disc was very hard UNTIL today.
With Super 6 program, I have been doing aero workout so much this week and I have gotten so good at staying at aero workout. I wouldn’t call it easy and I still had to go to spontaneous bathrooms, but I felt best ever coming out. My recollection from last year was that the last disc is not as bad as it is said. I quickly identified today’s problem during the second disc. I was feeling my legs. This usually doesn’t happen because I seem to have strong legs. During the Challenge, I literally lived in compression clothes all December long. My priority was that my legs don’t give up on me. First consume the other half of the pickle from New Year’s Day. Pour water in the plastic container to get any juice out of it. Consume more GU Chomps than I thought needed. And at the rest after the second disc, I put on my favorite compression socks.
What I found myself doing today was that the 1st set of the second disc, where you will change the gear to the harder with rather high cadence was probably too hard. I was staring at the cadence number and one time I looked at the screen and effort level was in actually aero range. To be honest, I don’t know how my heart rate cannot go above AT trying over 80 cadence in big chain 14, though. :-0 So I made sure I stayed under AT for the second set. So I came to the last disc. It is a hard workout, but it also has a long rest, which makes it manageable. Maybe the reason I thought the last disc was not that bad is because it is always heavily advertised so and at the second last set, Coach lets us “choose our poison”. Maybe I was conservative. I made sure I do all out for the last sprint, but managed not to say any R-rated comments that would have gone to my imaginary brand new DVD, “Spinervals R: Comments You Always Knew Athletes Made”.
Finishing up an event feels like an accomplishment and as Coach says in PDF this program is more of an event than a workout. I am grateful Coach put together this event so that we can participate in one at our convenience.
Because it was also the grand finale of 32-Day Challenge, today was my second time completing this workout in 2012. Thank you, Coach for acknowledging me as an official finisher and extending my membership by 7 more months! Fellow finishers, here is Coach’s instruction just in case you missed it yesterday.
ATTENTION: Following was added on 1/31/12 via email
Remember, the deadline has been extended to Feb. 10! Official finishers will be posted to our website in February, so stay tuned! Thanks again for taking the Challenge and congrats to everyone who finished!! - Troy
ORIGINAL posted:
ATTN: Spinervals 32 Day Challenge Finishers! If you are an official finisher of the Spinervals 32 Day Challenge, it's time to be recognized for your fantastic achievement. As a reminder, you must have adhered to the rules found here in order to be considered an official finisher, http://coachtroyjacobson.blogspot.com/2011/11/cmon-everyone.html
To receive your free 7-month Spinervals.com Membership, giving you access to special discounts and updates and to be listed on our website, you'll need to email Heather@spinervals.com the following information by January 31st. 1. Your full name, 2. Your photo, 3. In one paragraph, a little about you and how Spinervals Cycling benefits your training. You'll then be contacted with further instructions.
Remember, the deadline is Jan. 31! Official finishers will be posted to our website in early February, so stay tuned! Thanks again for taking the Challenge and congrats to everyone who finished!! - Troy
I completed this workout twice last year. Once during spring break on 3/16 and another on Good Friday on 4/22. I did outside ride for training, but never did as a public event (which was one of the original goal of the year. Grrrr). When I do 100 miles for training, I only do it at White Rock Lake.
It is difficult to schedule and complete a century ride. I only do outside 100- mile training at the Lake because it has plenty of restrooms and 7-11 on the route, it is fairly traffic-free and lots of riders are present. IN CASE anything happens, these are crucial points. It is also about 9-mile loop. If ANYTHING happens, I am only 5 mile away from my car maximum. The Hardcore 100 DVD eliminates a lot of these concerns, but you still have to plan around training plan so that you have enough physical rest for strength and mental toughness factor. For the reference, this blog entry is the Live Coverage from New Year’s Day.
Now that I have done this four times and Coach published his program online, I can reflect about the program when I am feeling like a regular citizen. To me, each disc is hard in its own way. I say so because in a way, the first disc is most difficult. I remember first time, I finished the first disc and maybe I should not continue. Luckily because my training built up really slowly for the first outside century in 2009, I learned to analyze what I need to continue riding. At that point, I decided what I needed was plain resting. I must have rested good 30 minutes or longer before going onto the second disc, while watching aftermath of horrible earthquake in Japan on TV. This is consistent with outside ride. First 10 miles is probably the longest 10 miles for me and if I am not prepared properly, the first rest stop is the biggest blessing. I remember the first disc was very hard UNTIL today.
With Super 6 program, I have been doing aero workout so much this week and I have gotten so good at staying at aero workout. I wouldn’t call it easy and I still had to go to spontaneous bathrooms, but I felt best ever coming out. My recollection from last year was that the last disc is not as bad as it is said. I quickly identified today’s problem during the second disc. I was feeling my legs. This usually doesn’t happen because I seem to have strong legs. During the Challenge, I literally lived in compression clothes all December long. My priority was that my legs don’t give up on me. First consume the other half of the pickle from New Year’s Day. Pour water in the plastic container to get any juice out of it. Consume more GU Chomps than I thought needed. And at the rest after the second disc, I put on my favorite compression socks.
What I found myself doing today was that the 1st set of the second disc, where you will change the gear to the harder with rather high cadence was probably too hard. I was staring at the cadence number and one time I looked at the screen and effort level was in actually aero range. To be honest, I don’t know how my heart rate cannot go above AT trying over 80 cadence in big chain 14, though. :-0 So I made sure I stayed under AT for the second set. So I came to the last disc. It is a hard workout, but it also has a long rest, which makes it manageable. Maybe the reason I thought the last disc was not that bad is because it is always heavily advertised so and at the second last set, Coach lets us “choose our poison”. Maybe I was conservative. I made sure I do all out for the last sprint, but managed not to say any R-rated comments that would have gone to my imaginary brand new DVD, “Spinervals R: Comments You Always Knew Athletes Made”.
Finishing up an event feels like an accomplishment and as Coach says in PDF this program is more of an event than a workout. I am grateful Coach put together this event so that we can participate in one at our convenience.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home