Wrapping up and looking ahead 1/16/12
One last holiday to hang on to my freedom. After reading print-out of Super 6 program, I found out I missed some secondary workouts to fit in the schedule.
I have had difficulty in catching the right number of secondary workouts from the calendar. So I will write it up here for my reference and for others, if it is any way helpful.
Week 3 Run/Elliptical 3 StrEndurance/yoga 3
Week 4 Run/Elliptical 2 StrEndurance/yoga 3 Wildcard cardio 1
Week 5 Run/Elliptical 4 StrEndurance/yoga 1 Wildcard cardio 1
Week 6 Run/Elliptical 2 StrEndurance/yoga 2 Wildcard cardio 1
Notes:
- Coach schedules Strength/Flexibility on 1/21 on the day of 26.0 - The Hardcore 100!
- Week 5 workouts are hard and long even with a wildcard rest day. 1-3 elliptical workouts might need to be skipped.
- Priority of week 5 and 6 will become to be prepared for Tour de Palm Springs and riding outside will take priority.
- Because of traveling to CA, wildcard cardio needs to be skipped.
- The ride itself falls onto another 26.0 - The Hardcore 100 day, but we will be only doing 58 miles since we will be on rented bike.
Believe me, this holiday season was all about training with Coach Troy. I had a lot of fun writing this blog, too. (And I still owe an follow-up entry of wonderful Rick Sobona’s) Yesterday, I went to Allen gym for elliptical while Tony attended a spin class. He mentioned the instructor is listed as Mitch, which I vaguely recalled from Cycling Club ride schedule. To my surprise, the class was Super 6 LTF version! Mitch, now my friend on Facebook, was running 30.0 - Muscular Endurance PLUS! It was great to see Coach Troy and huge cycling studio people-full with LTF Cycling Club jerseys on screen and a few people in the physical studio. Because Mitch actually didn’t have to do the workout himself, he was available chatting with me and others. I got to meet with him, talked about all the training I have been doing with Coach Troy and I went on and on. Mitch took my email address and I asked him to keep in touch with me. It was so delightful to get hooked up with him and Cycling Club details.
Looking ahead: Finishing up Super 6 program only takes me up to mid-February, still leaving sometime before the outside riding season in Texas. Texas springs are OK, but can get pretty stormy. Really good riding season doesn’t start until late April or so. The end of Super 6 is the season opening outside ride in California and I have about 12 weeks in spring semester including one week of spring break. As Michelle Sewell Spina knows, I have been entertaining the idea of getting a coach. I hired a coach when I first started and I can see benefits of different types of coaching or lack of thereof. I have been in structured training for quite sometime now and scheduling sometimes becomes quite handful trying to make everybody’s priorities into account. In a way, I feel like I can have general workout structure according to the school schedule and refer to some training plans from Tony’s books and elsewhere and plug in Coach Troy’s DVDs. He has programs for different purposes that vary in length. If I want a little more structured training, I could use Coach Troy’s services as well now that I am a member. But I think my issue, once I have more time to ride outside after the semester, is get checked outside riding skills while training with a program. As much as I had maximum fun trying to picture Coach Troy’s virtual training in 2015, I feel like good old face-to-face coaching may be what I need.
Now I have to come up with this semester’s goals. I will be assigning one-minute speech to my second-year on the first chapter cycle of the semester. The goals are Japanese study goal and also in other areas. Last semester’s assignment was quite popular with now-third year group. As I always come up with model speech and present on the first day, I will have to write mine today. What should I say about my fitness goals???
I have had difficulty in catching the right number of secondary workouts from the calendar. So I will write it up here for my reference and for others, if it is any way helpful.
Week 3 Run/Elliptical 3 StrEndurance/yoga 3
Week 4 Run/Elliptical 2 StrEndurance/yoga 3 Wildcard cardio 1
Week 5 Run/Elliptical 4 StrEndurance/yoga 1 Wildcard cardio 1
Week 6 Run/Elliptical 2 StrEndurance/yoga 2 Wildcard cardio 1
Notes:
- Coach schedules Strength/Flexibility on 1/21 on the day of 26.0 - The Hardcore 100!
- Week 5 workouts are hard and long even with a wildcard rest day. 1-3 elliptical workouts might need to be skipped.
- Priority of week 5 and 6 will become to be prepared for Tour de Palm Springs and riding outside will take priority.
- Because of traveling to CA, wildcard cardio needs to be skipped.
- The ride itself falls onto another 26.0 - The Hardcore 100 day, but we will be only doing 58 miles since we will be on rented bike.
Believe me, this holiday season was all about training with Coach Troy. I had a lot of fun writing this blog, too. (And I still owe an follow-up entry of wonderful Rick Sobona’s) Yesterday, I went to Allen gym for elliptical while Tony attended a spin class. He mentioned the instructor is listed as Mitch, which I vaguely recalled from Cycling Club ride schedule. To my surprise, the class was Super 6 LTF version! Mitch, now my friend on Facebook, was running 30.0 - Muscular Endurance PLUS! It was great to see Coach Troy and huge cycling studio people-full with LTF Cycling Club jerseys on screen and a few people in the physical studio. Because Mitch actually didn’t have to do the workout himself, he was available chatting with me and others. I got to meet with him, talked about all the training I have been doing with Coach Troy and I went on and on. Mitch took my email address and I asked him to keep in touch with me. It was so delightful to get hooked up with him and Cycling Club details.
Looking ahead: Finishing up Super 6 program only takes me up to mid-February, still leaving sometime before the outside riding season in Texas. Texas springs are OK, but can get pretty stormy. Really good riding season doesn’t start until late April or so. The end of Super 6 is the season opening outside ride in California and I have about 12 weeks in spring semester including one week of spring break. As Michelle Sewell Spina knows, I have been entertaining the idea of getting a coach. I hired a coach when I first started and I can see benefits of different types of coaching or lack of thereof. I have been in structured training for quite sometime now and scheduling sometimes becomes quite handful trying to make everybody’s priorities into account. In a way, I feel like I can have general workout structure according to the school schedule and refer to some training plans from Tony’s books and elsewhere and plug in Coach Troy’s DVDs. He has programs for different purposes that vary in length. If I want a little more structured training, I could use Coach Troy’s services as well now that I am a member. But I think my issue, once I have more time to ride outside after the semester, is get checked outside riding skills while training with a program. As much as I had maximum fun trying to picture Coach Troy’s virtual training in 2015, I feel like good old face-to-face coaching may be what I need.
Now I have to come up with this semester’s goals. I will be assigning one-minute speech to my second-year on the first chapter cycle of the semester. The goals are Japanese study goal and also in other areas. Last semester’s assignment was quite popular with now-third year group. As I always come up with model speech and present on the first day, I will have to write mine today. What should I say about my fitness goals???


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home