Monday, December 19, 2011

Coach Troy asks, “How is it going?” 12/19/11


Day 19 of 32-day Spinervals Challenge and mandatory rest day. Although I have a wrong color on my compression socks, I am following Coach’s instructions diligently and even throw in massage.

For today, to be honest, I feel more tired than I would like to admit. But this is Monday. But I got finally done with the semester. It has been a rough semester. Unlike my buddy Bob Lockwood, my desk is still piled up with various paperwork to sort out and file.

As today is a weigh-in day, lots of fellow challengers are commenting. I weigh myself everyday and compared to the last program weigh-in, my weight today was up, WAY up. I am not freaking out because 1) during the season, my weight always went up over the weekend to prepare for long rides, 2) it is that time of the month and 3) the clothes are actually fitting better. For the last few years, my unpaid health advisor/now-husband Tony scratched our heads why I get dizzy. At this time, I came to the conclusion that I am a very dehydrated person. So you can imagine the amount of water I prepare for inside rides. You may recall my Day 3 video when I prepared for two-hour Have Mercy. I actually used most of that liquid while riding and finished everything up to replenish after the ride. (At 1:40 into the video) So my weight comes down assuming a lot of it is water weight.

Because I didn’t have my speed sensor working and I don’t have power meter, there is no way to compare before and after with accurate numbers to present. However I can say that my legs feel so strong especially after finding out that I had to change the cog set because it was warped at the heaviest part and the big chain ring was so torn my favorite lady mechanic and Kiwi challenger Steve Gray got kicked out of the photo. As far as my heart, I started to think that my threshold has shifted recently. I would definitely need to verify, though.

Now that the school is done, I have no more work related issues, I expect easier second half of the challenge. I have a lot to write, so will try to find the time everyday to catch up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home