When to eat, what to eat 7/15/04
Of course, part of this fitness game is diet. Teaching evening classes, especially two, doesn't let you relax throughout the day, but also makes things difficult to plan out when to eat. I used to just wake up and go to the gym, come home and have a good-size breakfast. Rice, eggs, sausages, spinach, miso soup even 納豆. This is because I get very hungry after the exercise. If it gets too late in the morning, I think my blood sugar level goes down too much. In April, when I went to Health Fair, I was supposed to fast because I wanted them to draw blood. I didn't go early enough, so I ended up waiting a bit. I had them check my blood sugar, maybe around 10am and it was something like 60. That is good because it tells me I don't have diabetes, but it is a little too low. I notice when this happens, my mood is affected and my energy level gets quite low.
After reading that morning exercisers should eat something light, like a fruit, before going to workout, I started to eat a bowl of cereal, generic brand of Cherrio (because it is cheap and has least sugar) with slices of banana. Or a Gala apple. Then after I come back, I eat something light again. This gets me going until early afternoon, when I eat my main meal. In class, I have candies for students and I munch on some mints, too. Bad, I know. Then when I come home, I have a bowl of non-fat plain yogurt with a teaspoon sugar and mix that in with various nuts. I heard nuts are good for minerals and yogurt is good for calcium, which is what I need to save my bones.
I am starting to taste sweetness of fruits more these days. I am hooked on peaches, cherries and grapes. In fact, I am munching on grapes as I write this...
After reading that morning exercisers should eat something light, like a fruit, before going to workout, I started to eat a bowl of cereal, generic brand of Cherrio (because it is cheap and has least sugar) with slices of banana. Or a Gala apple. Then after I come back, I eat something light again. This gets me going until early afternoon, when I eat my main meal. In class, I have candies for students and I munch on some mints, too. Bad, I know. Then when I come home, I have a bowl of non-fat plain yogurt with a teaspoon sugar and mix that in with various nuts. I heard nuts are good for minerals and yogurt is good for calcium, which is what I need to save my bones.
I am starting to taste sweetness of fruits more these days. I am hooked on peaches, cherries and grapes. In fact, I am munching on grapes as I write this...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home