On Elliptical machine 7/8/04
For cardio, I like using Elliptical machine. For some reason, I am not coordinated enough to do one with arms, so I use old type at my regular gym and newer one in Riverside. I know I should be on treadmill and running, but so far I stick with Elliptical because it is easy on my knees. When I was in my 20's, I did a lot of aerobics and hurt my knees. I have been extra careful about knees although it is not like I had a surgery or injury. (Another reason I appreciate Tai-Chi here.)
I double cardio exercise as warm-up for weight training, so I usually stay for 30 minutes, maximum time they say we are allowed to be on if someone is waiting. Even if I get a machine that I can watch CNN and FOX side by side, 30 minutes is a long time. Observing people on the floor is helpful and fun, but not for 30 minutes everyday. A fellow workout lady, who often ends up using next machine, carries about three fashion magazines and flips pages right through. I thought I could end up paying more money for magazines than gym membership fee, so I took advantage of magazine offer from US Airways mileage program. I used to use them in the East Coast, but they don't fly around here. I had enough mileage to subscribe Time, Health and Wired magazines. I also started to read Yoga Journal. Wired magazine is a little beyond me and their print is rather small, so I don't read anymore, but keeping up with regular subscription has been tough. Before I know it, the next issue of Time arrives in my PO Box. Not knowing that is the case, I asked for subscription for Shape en español. That still hasn't started. When I read in Spanish, I don't consider it for fun, but for studying, so I read every page on every sentence including ads. What I really want to read is People en español. I am working on Selecciones (Reader's Digest in Spanish) from March(!), but Time didn't come this week. Maybe I should pick up a copy of People en español?
I double cardio exercise as warm-up for weight training, so I usually stay for 30 minutes, maximum time they say we are allowed to be on if someone is waiting. Even if I get a machine that I can watch CNN and FOX side by side, 30 minutes is a long time. Observing people on the floor is helpful and fun, but not for 30 minutes everyday. A fellow workout lady, who often ends up using next machine, carries about three fashion magazines and flips pages right through. I thought I could end up paying more money for magazines than gym membership fee, so I took advantage of magazine offer from US Airways mileage program. I used to use them in the East Coast, but they don't fly around here. I had enough mileage to subscribe Time, Health and Wired magazines. I also started to read Yoga Journal. Wired magazine is a little beyond me and their print is rather small, so I don't read anymore, but keeping up with regular subscription has been tough. Before I know it, the next issue of Time arrives in my PO Box. Not knowing that is the case, I asked for subscription for Shape en español. That still hasn't started. When I read in Spanish, I don't consider it for fun, but for studying, so I read every page on every sentence including ads. What I really want to read is People en español. I am working on Selecciones (Reader's Digest in Spanish) from March(!), but Time didn't come this week. Maybe I should pick up a copy of People en español?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home