Time for workout 7/9/04
Because I work at home and teach at night, except Fridays this semester, working out in the morning has been an easy option for me. Teaching a Friday morning class (8:30-12:50!) made me think about what would be like to arrange a time for workout if I had a day job.
What happens on Fridays is that I finish my class at 12:50, go back to my small corner in the cubicle, dump some stuff in my humble single drawer of file cabinet, greet and talk to staff (whom I like), pack my car with teaching stuff (teaching two classes with the same level is nice, but it means a lot of transporting, too), drive off, check my PO Box, come home, catch up with the dog with the day's events and eat something. Then I finally get to the gym and work out. Before I know it, it is 5pm and it is time for dinner for the dog and me and time to watch my TV programs in Spanish. The day is OVER! That is a good scenario, actually. What happened actually was that after I eat something, I get preoccupied with something or just simply get lazy and SKIP THE WORKOUT!
Today I happened to wake up around 4am and got into the gym a little after 4:30. I did almost everything I wanted and got out of the gym around 6:30. So I have all my afternoon for catching up with email, work, telephoning and walking the dog! My gym is open until midnight on weekdays, but I can't imagine myself working out in the evening. I have been swimming in the past, but my energy is not simply there. Working out in the afternoon is OK, but something just doesn't feel right. I go to night yoga classes and I read somewhere that yoga practice at night doesn't prevent from sleeping, but other workout could. I think that happened when I swam at night. I am a basic morning person to start with, but I definitely like to work out first thing in the morning to get my day going.
What happens on Fridays is that I finish my class at 12:50, go back to my small corner in the cubicle, dump some stuff in my humble single drawer of file cabinet, greet and talk to staff (whom I like), pack my car with teaching stuff (teaching two classes with the same level is nice, but it means a lot of transporting, too), drive off, check my PO Box, come home, catch up with the dog with the day's events and eat something. Then I finally get to the gym and work out. Before I know it, it is 5pm and it is time for dinner for the dog and me and time to watch my TV programs in Spanish. The day is OVER! That is a good scenario, actually. What happened actually was that after I eat something, I get preoccupied with something or just simply get lazy and SKIP THE WORKOUT!
Today I happened to wake up around 4am and got into the gym a little after 4:30. I did almost everything I wanted and got out of the gym around 6:30. So I have all my afternoon for catching up with email, work, telephoning and walking the dog! My gym is open until midnight on weekdays, but I can't imagine myself working out in the evening. I have been swimming in the past, but my energy is not simply there. Working out in the afternoon is OK, but something just doesn't feel right. I go to night yoga classes and I read somewhere that yoga practice at night doesn't prevent from sleeping, but other workout could. I think that happened when I swam at night. I am a basic morning person to start with, but I definitely like to work out first thing in the morning to get my day going.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home