Saturday, August 29, 2009

Getting settled for fall 8/27/09

I finished the first day of semester. No matter how many times I do it, I get actually nervous on the first day of fall semester. Especially for first-year class, where I don’t know anybody and have to memorize names. It is time-consuming, but I take the time to invite them one by one in the office to talk about why they are taking Japanese and what they like to do in the future. There are various meetings, which various levels of administration organize. I missed one for general, meaning whole university, meeting yesterday. Reception starts at 3 with food and drink and meeting starts at 4. I cannot possibly make this kind of schedule after teaching three classes, finish teaching at 3 while scheduling students to meet.

This type of tight schedule also affects my workout schedule. It will be a good time to convince myself to have rest day a week. I seem to become too light now, so I have two “Don’t worry about calorie counting” days a week now. I am going to make it Friday and Saturday this week. Having all classes in Dallas Hall helps pedometer count and I am trying to go to the gym before my class at 10 in the morning. I am taking the first train. I hope this scheme works and I get all the teaching and domestic duties done and workout at the level I want. Well, let’s see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home