Friday, August 28, 2009

Combination workout 8/28/09

Express book has three day structure of whole body workout for all three days. Day 1 is mainly upper with tiny bit of lower. Day 2 is mainly lower with tiny bit of upper and Day 3 has combination workout routines. I re-wrote and made Day 1 completely upper and Day 2 completely lower so that I can make Day 1 and Day 2 consecutive. Also I made some modifications in Day 2. I don’t know why they want me to work on calves so much and there were no explicit glute exercises. So I played around and added two butt specific exercises. Day 3 exercises are combination where upper and lower are employed in the exercise in itself. For example, I do squats and bicep at the same time. I have had always mixed feelings about these combination thing. First, I think it is not a good idea because the weight has to lower down to the weaker part of muscle of two exercises. Secondly, the form gets less attention and possibly not effective/correct because you usually have another move to make. When I did Week 2, Day 3 yesterday, another thing I noticed is I don’t know when to exhale. Normally you exhale at the point when you are lifting and inhaling when you are coming down. Because there are two exercises, when you are finishing up with the first move (should be inhaling) is when you are lifting for the second move (therefore should be exhaling). I should go over the book again about breathing. The book is tailored for general audience, so they should have something about basics like this somewhere, right? But the good news is that I burnt over 200 calories in 30 min. weight workout. I think this is a record calorie count for weight training day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home