Thursday, June 15, 2006

rest day 6/15/06

Readers who know me in person could probably agree, but one way to describe me is "intense". This gets in everywhere including in the exercise routines. Sometimes it is hard to find a rest day from weight training when I am on the roll. Today, I didn't even get to go take a walk with the dog in the morning because Sears has this training at 7am. It was actually nice getting up early, beating the traffic and moving around when it is not too hot. Actually as I mentioned in the entry a couple of days ago, I don't complain as much as I used to about the heat these days. This time of the year last year is a week from my (first) last day at Sears and the next weekend equivalent is when I made the first visit to Dallas to find a place to live and a health club to join. At that point, I thought I could survive Dallas heat just fine. Anyway, because of the early morning training and all, I decided not to try to go to the gym today. My plan now as of 11am is to work on my business a little bit and then get to school. After a meeting, I hope to go to Ko Mart in Irving to get some goodies including that delicious edamame. By the time I come home, I think the day will be done, just walking the dog. I have a feeling I wouldn't make it to 10,000 steps today and cardio exercise actually doesn't need a rest day. But it is OK to have a complete rest day from exercising, right? Then I will be refreshed and do more when I am back, right? Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home