dilemma 7/30/05
My 070 class has been studying various modals, so as a wrap-up on Thursday, I did an activity called "Dilemma". I presented three situations and students had to pick one and give advice, opinion, suggestion using the modals we have studied. There were two more, but all of them wanted to work on MY dilemma. It read something like..."Keiko is recently divorced. She is happy single and she is afraid of starting a new relationship. She also has financial problems and definitely is not ready to get married again. She has a lot of guy friends, but they are all married or have girlfriends and none of them are romantically interested in her. She feels alone sometimes and would like to have fun with guys. She is moving to a new city in a week and starting a new job." So students became very sympathetic with me and gave me all kinds of suggestions. Since all of them are Spanish speakers (Mexico, Cuba and Colombia), a lot of suggestions were about going to night clubs and going dancing. So I 素直に followed that advice and asked three Mexican girls to join me to a club last night. Boy, we danced. I can call THAT workout, I hope.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home