Thursday, May 19, 2005

kind comment politely 5/19/05

Getting out of US to visit another country, Canada, Japan or my recent Mexico, kind of gives you reverse culture shock and see the US culture in a new set of eyes. This time I felt how "friendly" and "informal" US culture could be. In class, I always say, especially to advanced students that "I need ...." is not a request and I go on to the lesson of modals. Yesterday, a lady came up to me by saying, "Excuse me. I wanted to commend you on your workout. You have really toned down." So I wore a big smile and said "Thank you!". A few people have commented at the gym, but this was the politest, I thought. Of course, that made my day. However I am not ready to take another fat content test, though. Grrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home