Saturday, July 24, 2004

Butting in 7/24/04

I don't intend to socialize too much at the gym and try not to mind others' business at the gym and at this blog, but I just had to write this today. There was a lady who put a 12.5 pound dumbbell between 5 and 7.5 and she also put 7.5 right next to 15 whose counter part was used by somebody else. This caused a lot of unorder on the weight rack. One lady picked up a pair and from the way they were placed, one was 12.5 and the other was 15. I knew it was none of my business, but I fixed them all.

It was quite busy this morning. Maybe there were a lot of weekend weight lifters. Felt like people come in pairs more. Today there were a couple of high school girls (looked like) and overheard one was saying, "start out with 22.5 and I will pick 25". The other girl followed her and picked up a pair of 22.5 dubmbells and this girl sure picked up 25. They looked like they were engaged in sports. I didn't see their muscles as they were wearing loose T-shirts, but I wondered what kind of exercise they were going to do with 22.5 and 25 pounds! That is just about the limit I can do for big muscles or small range of motion, such as Chest Press, Back Row or Triceps overhead. I followed them over the mirror and noticed that the lead gal was showing the other how to do Shoulder Press! I have NEVER seen female lifters try Shoulder Press with that much weight. Of course, I have seen guys do it, but weight lifting is not where I try to claim women's equality. They were both holding the bottom of the arm to help when taking turns. Maybe this lead gal was strong. She finished 8 reps with 25 and instructed the other to take over. The other gal looked very painful trying to lift 22.5 and she couldn't lift the weights up fully and properly. I thought that would be the fast way to injure yourself. If you are curious, I did Shoulder Press, 6 sets of 8 reps with 10 pounds and maybe will try 12.5 next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home