Look Back year 2016 and events and goals for 2017 12/30/16
Wrap Up
I
wrote some developments of 2016 in the most recent blog “Healthy Cancer Patient” in September
and
now I will fill in the rest of 2016 and lay out what I would like to happen in
year 2017. Hopefully 2016 was a unique
year; technically, I was cancer free all year (12/15/15 surgery declared me as
a survivor), but I went through entire cancer treatment that was initially laid
out. February 5th was my last
day to receive chemotherapy, but Herceptin treatment continued until
September. Before radiation treatment, I
squeezed in Physical Therapy sessions with Lymphedema specialist, who assured
me I still do not show sign of it. I was
sent home with basic exercises and arm compression. When six weeks of radiation treatment, five
days a week, ended, I had to wait for the big surgery on August 15th. During this time, I regained my fitness to
2013-2014 level. But the surgery kept me
off exercise until beginning of the fall semester. Once I got done with Herceptin, that is when
I wrote the September blog, I was still not flexible enough to be riding
outside. But I reviewed the log and set
the cycling annual mileage goal to be 4,500 miles. I have not been able to
run. Luckily I was scheduled for the
last surgery on December 15th and that put me to aerobic exercises
restrictions until January 5th.
I was 36 miles short of the goal.
However at the first follow-up, I was cleared of recovery intensity
spinning simulating the effort of walking (roughly 70 watts, 75 rpm cadence,
heart rate around 100 bpm). With this
intensity, I passed my goal and made 4,534 miles this year! I had 6 run activities totallying 14 miles.
Goals for 2017
Training distance goals
Get cycling mileage to 2015 level and gain back
some running miles. I am restricted from
running from the last surgery and probably will not run until I feel flexible
enough for outside riding (from July surgery).
So for 2017, I will set at cycling 6,000 miles, running 400 miles.
(Cycling mileage: 2016, 4,534 miles, 2015, 6,235 miles, 2014, 5,459 miles: Running mileage: 2016, 14 miles, 2015, 257 miles,
2014, 447 miles)
YMCA LiveStrong program
Provided free for cancer
survivor, this program is 12 weeks and my neighborhood location
participates. The
instructors are trained in cancer survivorship, post-rehabilitation exercise
and supportive cancer care. Once 2017
starts and holiday mood is over, I should contact to start immediately when my
lifting restriction is over. This will
bring me to the end of March. As the
program will be customized exercise regimens catered to my needs, I should
make this program a priority and follow as my strength portion of my training.
Race time goals
In 2014, I achieved
5K under 30 minutes goal, so I would like to improve longer course record. Duathlon events I participated in 2013 and
2014 no longer happen, so I would have to find Du or Time Trial events and set
goals. I am hoping to participate run
events with Plano Pacers.
15K PR (currently 1:48:11 11/29/14)
10K PR (currently 1:05:33 2/22/14)
Events Goal
Recovery from July
surgery is taking a lot longer than I expected, but I hope to be able to ride
outside 2017 season at charity events and club rides with PBA.
Spinervals 32-Day Challenge Finish
Tour de Cure 100 miles
Two
other charity rides around 100K
10
PBA weekly rides
LIST OF EVENTS
Now here is
the list of events. I do not expect everything will happen and there may be
more events I will find later.
January
1/28 (Sat)
Plano Pacers, Fresh Start 5K/10K
February
2/25 (Sat)
Plano Pacers, Bead Dash 5K/15K
March
3/19 (Sun)
Mean Green Du 5k run/20k bike/ 5k run, Denton, TX
3/25 (Sat)
Plano Pacers, Spring Scamper 5K/10K
April
4/1 (Sat) RideAtaxia, Denton, TX
May
5/21 (Sun)
Metroplex Sprint Duathlon, Grand Prairie, TX
2.5 mile/12.5
miles/2.5 mile
June
6/11 (Sat) in
2016 Colin Classic 64 miles, McKinney, TX
6/11 (Sun)
Wounded Warrior Half Marathon/10K/5K, Las Colinas, TX
6/17 (Sat) Tour d'Italia, Italy, TX
6/17 (Sat) Tour d'Italia, Italy, TX
6/25 (Sat) in
2016 Tour de Cure
62/100 miles, Ft. Worth, TX
July
August
September
9/10 (Sun)
Prailieman Du, Grand Prairie, TX, 2.5 Mile Run / 12.5 Mile Bike / 3 Mile Run
9/30 (Sat)
Plano Pacers Five Mile Fling 5 miles
October
10/8 (Sat) in
2016, Make A Wish ride 100K,
McKinney, TX
10/7 (Sat) Waco Wild West 100 Bicycle Tour, Waco, TX
10/28 (Sat)
Plano Pacers, Boo Scoot 5K/10K, Plano, TX
November
11/5 (Sat) in
2016 I am Second Run 5K/10K, Plano, TX
11/12 (Sun)
Bronda's Du 2-mile run/15-mile bike, Ft. Worth, TX
11/25 (Sat)
Plano Pacers Turkey Run Off 5K/15K
December
Spinervals
Challenge
12/30 Plano
Pacers Holiday Hustle 3K/8K
Initial part of 2017 will still be in recovery
mode and my challenge will be to listen to the body and not overdo. I am sure my support will keep me in check. 来年もどうかよろしくおねがいします。(Please continue the support through the New Year.)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home