Friday, January 02, 2015

Goals and Plans of 2015 1/2/15

I am Spinervals Challenge finisher for the fourth time!  Now, year 2015 is promised to be a good year and Coach Troy asked our goals for the new year.  Goal setting is important, but setting good goals is just as important.  I make my students do it every semester, so I first thought I should line up goals, not plans.  It means that usually involves numerical value.  But I found a timely article from Training Peaks: if anybody is still looking for a little guidance.


Training distance goals
Increase both cycling and running
2015 cycling 6000 miles, running 500 miles
(2014 cycling 5459 miles, running 447 miles)

Race time goals
5K 30:00 (currently 31:30)
PR in long course Du at Esprit de She 5K/18 miles (2014 2:05:40)

Events Goal
Spinervals 32-Day Challenge Finish
Tour de Cure 100 miles

Now here is the list of events. I do not expect everything will happen.

January
1/10 (Sat) Fight Back 5K, McKinney, TX

1/17 (Sat) Hotcake Hustle 5K/10K Addison, TX
1/31 (Sat) Plano Pacers Fresh Start 5K /10K Plano, TX

February
2/21 (Sat) Fast & Furious Time Trial 15 miles, Ft. Worth, TX
or
2/22 (Sun) Fast & Furious Du 2-mile run/15-mile bike, Ft. Worth, TX

2/28 (Sat)
Cowtown marathon 5K/10K ,Ft. Worth, TX
or
2/28 (Sat) Plano Pacers, Bead Dash 5K/15K
or

March
3/1 (Sun) Tough Cookies Du 1.5 mile run/10 mile bike, Copperas Cove, TX

3/21 (Sat) Beauty and Beast Bicycle Tour,  34/46/53/67 miles,Tyler, TX

3/28 (Sat) Plano Pacers, Spring Scamper 5K/10K

April
4/11 (Sat) in  LancasterCountry Ride, 42/62 miles, Lancaster, TX

4/18 (Sat) Ride for Heroes, 39/58/70 miles, Aledo, TX

4/25 (Sat) Plano Pacers Hall of Fame Run 8K

May
5/17 (Sat) in 2014 Ride Against Cancer, Richardson, TX
http://www.methodisthealthsystem.org/wildride

5/17 (Sun) Metroplex Sprint Duathlon (part of the Grand Weekend)
2.5 mile/12.5 miles/2.5 mile

June
6/13 (Sat) in CollinClassic 64 miles, McKinney, TX

or
6/13 (Sat)- 6/14 (Sun) Wounded Warrior Half Marathon/10K/5K, Las Colinas, TX

6/20 (Sat)Tour de Cure 62/100 miles, Ft. Worth, TX

July

August
8/8 (Fri) in 2014 Joe Pool Dam Trial by Tri Dallas Events

September
9/20 (Sun) Balloon Fiesta 5K/Half Marathon, Plano, TX

or
9/26 (Sat) Plano Pacers Five Mile Fling 5 miles

October
10/4 (Sat) in 2014, Make A Wish ride 100k, McKinney, TX
http://wish100tx.org

10/25 (Sat)
Esprit de She Du Long couse 5K/18 miles, McKinney, TX

November
11/7 (Sat) I am Second Run 5K/10K, Plano, TX

11/14 (Sun) Bronda's Du/Long Course Duathlon National Championship 2-mile run/15-mile bike, Ft. Worth, TX

11/26 (Sat) Turkey Run Off  5K/15K

December
Spinervals Challenge


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home