Friday, August 01, 2014

2014-2015 Events calendar 8/1/14 (update 9/28/14)

Last November, I posted a blog that lists athletic events, races and training plans for the year 2014. This was helpful to share my goals with my friends and Coach and handy for me to come back for the quick link.  So I decided to do it again.

You may think this is an odd time to be planning my “season”.  Most cyclists take winter months off when the weather is unfavorable outside and engage in old school LSD or long slow distance in early spring.  Once I started running, I learned in Texas, run season slows down middle of summer, but goes through winter months.  So I decided I should build my base in mid-summer and start my “season” in fall and go through early summer. 

Cycling is good until around November on and off and usually I go into complete inside mode until February or March.  Running will become humanly around September.  During cycling season, I looked for Sunday run races, but once it gets cool, I am hoping for some Saturday races when preferable distance races happen closeby.

2014

September
9/21 (Sun)  

9/27 (Sat)
Waco Wild West 100 Bicycle Tour This is our annual event, we gave up this year.  Instead
Plano Pacer’s 5 miles

October
10/4 (Sat) Make A Wish  100k (Here for next year's reference)

10/11 (Sat) Saturday before fall break
Pumpkin Run 10K (here for next year's reference)

10/26 (Sun)
Esprit de SheDu.  My A-race for this year.  This year, I signed up for long course: 18 mile bike sandwiched between 5k runs.

November
11/1 (Sat) 10K Oak point park

11/16 (Sun)
Bronda's Du: 2-mile run 16-mile bike and 2-mile run

11/29 (Sat) Plano Pacer’s 5/15k

December
Spinervals Challenge???

2015
January

February

March

April

May

June
6/20 (Sat) Tour de Cure

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home