Sunday, January 30, 2005

truth 1/30/05

After my complaints about fat content % not changing on 1/28, I thought about it a lot. When I started exercising in July 2003, I started out with yoga and swimming. By November, I was 20 pounds lighter. I didn't know weight lifting, so I am assuming that 20 pounds was mainly fat loss, although I was building my muscles with yoga and swimming alone. Since then, my weight has not changed. My fat weight and percentage haven't changed. This all makes sense. My fat is not going down! I started weight lifting shortly before Christmas of 2003 and people notice that I am getting smaller. However since my weight hasn't changed, my BMI is still in obese range although I am fitting in some size Medium clothes. The truth, I think, is that my muscles are toned, but the thick layer of fat to cover hasn't changed. If my size is getting smaller, that is because of the muscle change. This is very discouraging, but I've probably had this fat since high school. What I have had for 30 years is not going to go away in a year or two. Grrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home