Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Nutrition tips from "Dumbbell Fitness" 11/1/04

I read Dumbbell Fitness: It's Amazing What a Dumbbell Can Do while traveling this weekend. The book has no-nonsense attitude towards fitness and weight training using dumbbells. I particularly liked their nutrition tips.

1. Avoid adding salt to your meals. As a Japanese, I can never stop reminding myself about excessive sodium intake. It leads to high blood pressure.
2. Avoid frying foods. As much as I love てんぷら, I keep this in mind. I grill French fries.
3. Be careful not to overcook vegetables. Japanese love to cook vegetables and don't serve as raw often enough. I am just lazy so I don't cook enough.
4. Drink plenty of water. I have been trying to drink 8 gallons of water upon 殿様's advice. He says people in Texas drink 10 gallons a day and get me compete with Texans.
5. Do not eat within two hours of going to sleep. Ahh, this is the only one I have not been keeping up. At least I don't eat anything heavy, right? Grrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home