dried cranberries 12/30/04
You probably have heard health benefits of cranberries like this one, The Health Benefits of Cranberries and Cranberry Products. I love cranberries, but when they are fresh, they are very expensive. Cranberry juice is also often quite intense and that is why products try so hard to mix with something else. Now that I recall, Rushton sensei's wife, diluted cranberry juice for me to easily drink. When I went food shopping today, I was glad to find that there was a store brand for dried cranberries. To my surprise, it was not very expensive. Considering dried apples being a little cheaper with smaller amount in a bag, I was quite pleased and put two packets into the shopping cart. Because it is not a mix, there is no fat, no cholesterol, no sodium, just carbohydrate with fair amount of sugar. I ate a few pieces and just as the juice, the taste was quite intensive. Then I realized that I can put them in non-fat, plain yogurt. When I eat it with peanuts, I usually put some sugar in. Today I had with no sugar and peanuts. I usually end up putting sugar in non-fat plain yogurt. Today I didn't need to. I think dried fruits rule!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home