Thursday, September 02, 2004

Eric's yoga, first day 9/2/04

TVI's Intro to Yoga class started this week. Tuesday was all paperwork, rules and regulations day and today we actually started. Eric explained different breathing techniques and went on to mention different styles of yoga. Today's "mini-class" was more like warm up and cool down. For some reason, he does double kneeling position as a modification of mountain pose. As he explained, he does in Vinyasa style and sphinx and cobra are done from Active Child pose. Doing cobra this way was rather difficult. It also made it feel like arm exercise than back bending. For today, I think he used this as an actual warm-up routine as we haven't covered Sun Salutation. I kind of liked the way he did each pose or movement separately before we put together as a mini-class. It is always difficult to feel comfortable or predict if you are not familiar with the teacher. Eric says eventually the class will be more Vinyasa and power yoga he does in Rio Rancho gym. I would love to go to his power yoga class, but Rio Rancho is VERY far. Maybe during the break... I look forward to more of this next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home