Slimming waistline with Yopait?!? 8/31/04
My latest comfort food is yogurt with nuts. When I come home from class or yoga, or at night, I eat non-fat plain yogurt with a spoonful of sugar and unsalted peanuts or mixed nuts. It gives me cool feeling in my mouth and fun crunchy texture.
While I was eating it, I saw a Yoplait Lite commercials that claims that eating Yoplait Lite will make you lose weight and especially slims waistline! Even if the first part is true, getting rid of fat in the part you want is a fantasy. Making a lot of ab exercises doesn't let you get rid of the fat around belly. It builds muscles and if your muscles are hidden under layers of fat, you won't see them. I was rather skeptical, so as usual, I did some web search.
Well, this is what I understood from Dummies book, so I was surprised to find an article in iVillage, which was recommended by the same book. Yoplait Light and Weight Loss basically tells what the commercials says. Then a couple of search results below, I found Skinny on dairy: Diet value unclear article. I am aware that yogurt is an excellent source of calcium, which I desperately need, but at the same time, I need to be careful with its fat content. I use fat-free version and also add sugar myself into plain yogurt. I believe sugar can get quite high if you eat flavored ones.
While I was eating it, I saw a Yoplait Lite commercials that claims that eating Yoplait Lite will make you lose weight and especially slims waistline! Even if the first part is true, getting rid of fat in the part you want is a fantasy. Making a lot of ab exercises doesn't let you get rid of the fat around belly. It builds muscles and if your muscles are hidden under layers of fat, you won't see them. I was rather skeptical, so as usual, I did some web search.
Well, this is what I understood from Dummies book, so I was surprised to find an article in iVillage, which was recommended by the same book. Yoplait Light and Weight Loss basically tells what the commercials says. Then a couple of search results below, I found Skinny on dairy: Diet value unclear article. I am aware that yogurt is an excellent source of calcium, which I desperately need, but at the same time, I need to be careful with its fat content. I use fat-free version and also add sugar myself into plain yogurt. I believe sugar can get quite high if you eat flavored ones.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home