Pilates (or a taste of it) 6/24/04
In today's Debbie's Flexibility class, we did 18 poses (do they call them poses?) of Pilates. Back when I first started exercising about a year ago, I tried all kinds of classes and Pilates was one. All I remember was that I couldn't do most of the stuff and my neck hurt.
Debbie's routine was something that "Anybody can do." I managed to do, somewhat, all of them. A Japanese teacher friend of mine showed me some moves in spring while we were at a conference. Even for a short time, it was still hard. Pilates is so popular these days and Pilates class at my gym is always PACKED! DVD's and books are plentiful. Pilates seems to use a lot of core muscles, such as ab. When you are heavy, like me, lifting legs up in the air alone is a lot of work!
I love yoga, I am starting to like Tai-chi a lot and I do weight training and get on the Elliptical. But I never tried step or any kind of cardio class. I don't know, maybe I am getting old... that kind of music and shouting instructor (to supposedly motivate you) may not be my style. But my weight has not changed for over 6 month. Grrr. Should I be taking up a little more vigorous?
We will do the same routine again on Tuesday. 乞うご期待を。
Debbie's routine was something that "Anybody can do." I managed to do, somewhat, all of them. A Japanese teacher friend of mine showed me some moves in spring while we were at a conference. Even for a short time, it was still hard. Pilates is so popular these days and Pilates class at my gym is always PACKED! DVD's and books are plentiful. Pilates seems to use a lot of core muscles, such as ab. When you are heavy, like me, lifting legs up in the air alone is a lot of work!
I love yoga, I am starting to like Tai-chi a lot and I do weight training and get on the Elliptical. But I never tried step or any kind of cardio class. I don't know, maybe I am getting old... that kind of music and shouting instructor (to supposedly motivate you) may not be my style. But my weight has not changed for over 6 month. Grrr. Should I be taking up a little more vigorous?
We will do the same routine again on Tuesday. 乞うご期待を。


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home