Monday, June 21, 2004

Tai-Chi class 6/21/04

It is a little early, but I am going to post about Tai-chi class. It is at the gym where I have to drive 30 minutes, but I am indulging myself this summer to make it a point to go there twice a week. Tom is a very good teacher and he looks like he has some Chinese blood and must have done martial arts for a long time.

In case you don't know, I am Japanese. That is why you see Japanese once in a while here. The other day, actually in a yoga class, I saw a guy wearing a T-shirt that said "カラテ karate 泰気 tai-chi". Well, in Japanese, I thought it was 太極拳. But the sound makes sense. Hummm.

I am still very new to Tai-chi and a lot of concentration requires to just follow along. However it is a very good workout and gives me different type of calmness and pleasure from yoga class. Tom asks us to pick up weights and we do Power Tai-chi, too. I thought about taking a class at TVI for fall. Besides that is where I teach part-time, I found out most of these fitness classes are free of charge. There is not semester or duration to Tom's class, so new people come all the time. I wonder if there is a beginning and an end to a class, maybe we get to learn forms a little bit at a time and build up to a long form towards the end of a semester.

I plan to go to Will's yoga class tonight. That will be another entry sometime later.

では。


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home