Stage 20 5/25/13
Yesterday, the tour company was quite concerned that customers were not happy. However Tony and I had a great time anyway. I have been thinking what to say to my friend Steve from Kiwi land. He is thinking about signing up with Tour de France tour in 2014. They are saying Giro is small enough so that you can get close to riders. In Le Tour, the police is more strict and it is more difficult to do so. Yesterday we parked in the café where Katusha and BMC were staying and we spotted a few riders. Oss and two other young riders were leaving the hotel to do some riding. Spontaneous rest day may or may not be good for the one last seirous mountain day.
.
Today’s course is also modified ( http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/116941011-Giro-dItalia-2013-Stage-20-SilandroSchlanders-Tre-Cime-de-Lavaredo). The race will pass through Bolzano (flat part of the race) and will pick up to be one long climbing to the finish at Tre Cime di Lavadero. We will be heading to Cortina d'Ampezzo while dropping riding friends at their desired mileage. .
.
Once we got off highway, we started seeing direction signs for the race. As promised, several riders were dropped off at a bus stop along the river to catch the bike path. The weather was nice and today Tony was envious of these who have the bikes. In the van, there was a tunnel photo competition going on. The agreement in the van seems that breakaway is going to survive and I also wanted Colombians do well in this mountain stage. .
.
We parked ourselves in the corner hotel restaurant and saw all the beautiful lakes rivers and villages we drove by pass on TV while enjoying Wiener Schnitzel. Then from the statue where the final climb starts, we walked up and found a good spot that is a straight road. Tony took a video for Spinervals friends and at that point, it t started to rain and quickly changed to snow. I guess it is just that kind of Giro this year By the time, a chopper hovered above us and motor cycles passed us, the snow has calmed down. I was surprised that the original break was still arriving one by one and some must have attached from peleton to chase. Viviani was not too behind as a chase group. Then small group swent by and I spotted Cavendish. We came down to the hotel and saw final 10k back in the restaurant. It was packed with fans. Inside 3k, I thought Nibli could just sit safely among his tomatoes, but no, he became a lonel eader, then three Colombians! What a wonderful performance by Nibali and Team Astana. Uran must be 2nd GC now. I was happy. .
.
That was too much fun, but a very long day. We will pack up our luggage and head to Brecia to celebrate and watch one final flat stage. Everybody says Cav is going to win, but hey, I will root for Viviani!
.
Today’s course is also modified ( http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/116941011-Giro-dItalia-2013-Stage-20-SilandroSchlanders-Tre-Cime-de-Lavaredo). The race will pass through Bolzano (flat part of the race) and will pick up to be one long climbing to the finish at Tre Cime di Lavadero. We will be heading to Cortina d'Ampezzo while dropping riding friends at their desired mileage. .
.
Once we got off highway, we started seeing direction signs for the race. As promised, several riders were dropped off at a bus stop along the river to catch the bike path. The weather was nice and today Tony was envious of these who have the bikes. In the van, there was a tunnel photo competition going on. The agreement in the van seems that breakaway is going to survive and I also wanted Colombians do well in this mountain stage. .
.
We parked ourselves in the corner hotel restaurant and saw all the beautiful lakes rivers and villages we drove by pass on TV while enjoying Wiener Schnitzel. Then from the statue where the final climb starts, we walked up and found a good spot that is a straight road. Tony took a video for Spinervals friends and at that point, it t started to rain and quickly changed to snow. I guess it is just that kind of Giro this year By the time, a chopper hovered above us and motor cycles passed us, the snow has calmed down. I was surprised that the original break was still arriving one by one and some must have attached from peleton to chase. Viviani was not too behind as a chase group. Then small group swent by and I spotted Cavendish. We came down to the hotel and saw final 10k back in the restaurant. It was packed with fans. Inside 3k, I thought Nibli could just sit safely among his tomatoes, but no, he became a lonel eader, then three Colombians! What a wonderful performance by Nibali and Team Astana. Uran must be 2nd GC now. I was happy. .
.
That was too much fun, but a very long day. We will pack up our luggage and head to Brecia to celebrate and watch one final flat stage. Everybody says Cav is going to win, but hey, I will root for Viviani!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home