Sunday, January 16, 2005

a visit to Whole Foods 1/16/05

Well, Whole Foods is not a place where a poor woman like me can hang out too often. But I needed to take a look how much other stores sell brown rice for. My transition to brown rice has been fairly OK. I am just so curious and cooking in my rice cooker has still been experimental. (That will be another entry.) Quest for brown rice, my new love for dried foods made me spend quite some time reading labels and calculating. I got Nappa (They only had organic. I guess I can just get those from Wal-Mart.) and I will use it to make quick vegetable pickles. Brown rice is 49 cents a pound and I think it is cheaper than Wal-Mart. I also found diet trail mix that resembles what I have been getting from Wal-Mart. Now I have some taste-testing and comparing prices. Whole Foods is a fun place to go, but maybe a little dangerous place to make regular visits. They have my favorite cream puff and I ended up buying one. If I eat it tonight, I will only do half and keep the other half for tomorrow. Another reason is right next door is Borders bookstore. That sure is dangerous. It is also a little out of range, about 15 minutes driving distance. OK, OK... There is Wild Oats in my neighborhood, so I guess I will check it out next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home